You know that brushing and flossing are essential for a healthy smile, but merely a toothbrush and toothpaste are not good enough for proper tooth care. At Smile Matters Dentistry, pioneering dental services in Brampton, we want you to know that dental care isn’t essential to just having a healthy smile, it is essential to having a healthy body. Neglected teeth and gums don’t just lead to painful mouth issues, they can lead to an increased risk in heart disease, stroke, and even cancer. But your Brampton dentist is here for you. Having a healthy mouth starts before you see a dentist. It starts right at home.
Smile Matters Dentistry provides dedicated, gentle, and affordable oral dental health care in Brampton. Here we will be sharing some simple tips to improve your dental health:
- Choose the right toothbrush. A soft bristle toothbrush with very soft gentle circular motion actually cleans better and it is safer than a hard toothbrush because it is less abrasive to your teeth and gums. Change your toothbrush every 2 to 3 months.
- Choose the right toothpaste. Almost all kinds of toothpaste contain fluoride to fight cavities. Some specifically target plaque, while others protect sensitive teeth.
- Make sure to brush correctly. Brush at least twice a day and if you brush after every meal, wait a while after you eat, especially if you had something acidic because the acidic component wears away the enamel.
- Floss every day. It also prevents bad breath and plaque buildup.
- Use mouthwashes, breath fresheners, and germ killers for better oral hygiene.
- Try to stop smoking, it causes bad breath and can lead to the accumulation of plaque.
- See your dentist twice a year. Professionals know better, so in addition to a great daily dental hygiene routine, be sure to visit your dentist. He or she can keep an eye out for tooth decay, gum disease, or other oral problems, and can clean all the hard to reach places in your mouth that you might be missing. You can catch problems early which means less invasive and less costly treatment.
For appointment contact us at 905-230-3200